- carbon dioxide and methane as greenhouse gases
- carbon capture and storage
- common pollutants and their sources
- the Earth’s water resources
- calcium carbonate as a raw material for the construction industry
I'm grateful to Joanne Watkins at ESWA for introducing me to the remarkable turnaround in WA Earth Science fortunes during a recent visit to Oz, and for supplying the graphs above. Chris King kindly supplied the UK schools data. Email discussions with Peter Harrison, Keith Turner and others on the Scottish Geodiversity Forum helped crystallise thoughts with regard to the 'Scottish scene'.